Library Advisory Board
The purpose of the Smithsburg Library Advisory Board shall be:
- To advise the Washington County Free Library on all matters relevant to the patrons of the Smithsburg branch.
- To advocate for the branch and the Washington County Free Library in all forums.
- To enhance the materials, facilities, services and programs of the library by undertaking specific projects on its behalf.
- To encourage gifts, endowments, bequests and memorials to the library.
- To advise and give consent for the expenditure of funds held in the Smithsburg Library Advisory Board account.
Friends of Smithsburg Library
The Friends of Smithsburg Library is a standing committee of the Library Advisory Board. The Town of Smithsburg maintains a Friends of Smithsburg Library account into which proceeds from fundraising activities and donations received for the Friends of Smithsburg Library may be deposited. Donations may be sent to Friends of the Smithsburg Library, c/o Smithsburg Town Hall, P.O. Box 237, Smithsburg, MD 21783. Checks should be made payable to Town of Smithsburg – Friends of Smithsburg Library.
The Board welcomes interested people from the community to attend its meetings.
Meetings are normally held quarterly on the third Thursday of February, May, August, and November.
The dates and times of meetings can be confirmed by calling the Smithsburg Library at 301-824-7722.
Anyone interested in joining the Board may contact the president, Kira Hamman – firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to view Smithsburg Library Calendar of Events
- Jim Fritsch - Council Representative
- Kira Hamman - President
- Ashley Hutson - Branch Manage, Ex-Officio
- Mickey Myers - Mayor, Ex-Officio
- Laura Duvall
- Rachel Frick
- Peter Kurz
- Joe McFarland
- Judith Ferro McFarland
- Jackie Shaw
- Lynn Shaw
- Nick Shillinger
- David L. Williams
- WCFL Representative